Everyone needs a good quality headshot, but what defines a great headshot.
Lets first answer the question of the purpose of a headshot.
1. Shows the face behind the business. This is pretty simple but important so the client can visualize you while talking. This gives your business a personal touch, people like to put a face behind the name, it's a step in making a relationship.
2. To show that you are approachable. Being approachable is crucial in any headshot when you're representing a business, when a prospect can feel connected and feel that they can easily do business with you through a headshot, that quickly turns into profits and more referrals. This is achieved in the posing and expression.
3. A quality headshot will compliment your biography page. While prospects are reading about your history and accomplishments, they will relate this information to your portrait.
4. It will make your website look more professional. Most businesses invest heavily into their web site, it is the 'billboard' for your business, a professional headshot is required.
5. It is useful for Branding and Marketing assets. A headshot is not limited to a website, it is vital in LinkedIn as well as printed materials whether business cards, brochures or even billboards.
So now you are ready for your headshot, here are some Tips:
1- Don't use an old photo of yourself, when you were younger, we all want to look younger, but you want a headshot that shows what you look like now. Anything else is misleading about your age and you want to be honest.
2- The average shelf life of a headshot is about every two years.
3- I always ask the client what type/color background they want. It's best, when applicable, to tie in the background color with the marketing colors or type of business. Background colors can also have a psychological effect, for example, a white background can denote clean, which would be good for doctors, black would denote a more dramatic image.
4- Solid colors work best, ladies should avoid sleeveless outfits, but 1/4 sleeves are ok. Men should be clean shaven. The type of outfit will be reflective of the type of business, a plumber will not need to wear a suit and tie.
5- Since the images can be used on web and print, make sure to get a large resolution file in addition to web resolution.
Business portraits can be in studio….
Or on location….
Being a Diplomat for the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce takes time, but is rewarding with the new friends you make, meeting new business owners and being a bigger part of the community. As a Diplomat, we are representatives of the chamber at business ribbon cuttings, Morning Coffee events, Business After Hours, driving for Meals on Wheels and other voluntary events. The more I volunteered and was out meeting new people and learning more about the new things going on in Fayetteville, the more I enjoyed it.
I became a diplomat for the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce, officially, January 2017, in November I shared the honor of being Diplomat of the Year with my friend George Turner, University of Arkansas. We were tied with the amount of work we had done. I was very surprised when it was announced at the annual Chamber Banquet by Patrick Harrington, Lewis Automotive. This year has flown by and I'm thankful to have gotten to know the fellow diplomats who also give so much of their time.